Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Start of the Busiest Year Ahead

We booked a flight to Manila, even when we're taking unpaid leaves from work, because we had to start somewhere with the wedding planning.

Weeks before, my dad was the busiest, running around churches. I am thankful with all my heart with this gesture, because finally, I felt my dad is ready for this life-changing moment.

He kept himself busy preparing some major requirements for the church. If any couple has kept their baptismal and confirmation certificates because you think these suffice, now I tell you that these would not be enough. You need to request a copy of those which states "For Marriage Purposes."

The first hurdle for the wedding preparation already happened.
1. The parish from where J was baptised wouldn't want to release his Baptismal Certificate to my dad.
2. J have not yet received the Sacrament of Confirmation.

While it was easy for my dad to get my Baptismal Certificate for Marriage Purposes, it was completely otherwise for J. He came on a Monday, and there was no parish office. He came back on the next day, but the lady from the parish was asking for a lot of questions, thus it was not released to him. I also asked him to come to Quiapo Church to get some information as I have researched that they hold Sacraments of Confirmation every Sunday.

One of the major requirements for Confirmation at Quiapo Church was a Baptismal Certificate for Confirmation Purpose and another for Marriage Purpose. So once we landed in Manila, J and I both arranged this as he personally needs to come to the parish office to request these.

It was a small parish, formerly known as San Jose De Manuguit Parish, now named as San Jose Manggagawa Parish, thus their system is not yet computerised. It was easier locating his document when we provided the Baptismal Register No. which can be found in the original copy of the baptismal certificate.

Since we needed two certificates for J's Confirmation requirements, we paid Php100 for each certificate. We waited for two hours and it was released on the same day as well.

Ever so thankful for the patience and endurance of my dad and J. We accomplished something on our first day in Manila.

J put together both our Baptismal Certificates, and he said, "It's really coming true."

No comments:

Post a Comment